Saturday, May 16, 2009

Just a Giant Toaster

So yet again the kiln is on the fritz! It seems that the moment that I changed one element it has been having trouble ever since. Kind of like an old car, never touch it because as soon as you do then the whole thing will fall apart! However, we have new elements and that is the task this weekend. I am convinced that I can keep this thing running for many more years because after all it is just a giant toaster!

With a moment of calm last night ( all the kids asleep, including Paul ) I took a few moments to make some pieces in the studio. Me and my tea listening to the hum of the wheel was super relaxing and what I needed after a long week. One with the chicken poxs, another hitting the 7 week marker and crying alot, and another with a fever and general unwell. Funny how the adult with the fever is the most difficult to look after!
Being in the studio and knowing that there are pieces waiting for me down there this morning makes me feel as though I have a small piece of me the artist. With the routine that has arisen after Lily, the artist doesn't get much time to herself these days, but I am going to try and take them when I can. Even if that means I am sitting at the wheel with my tea in the quiet darkness of the night after all has been laid to rest.

No comments: