Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Show of the Summer

We are having lots of HOT weather here!  It is the first real heat of the summer and I am not too sure what we are going to do.  I don't remember having such a difficult time with the hot weather, however, in the past I did not have a two year old hanging off of my leg and a infant in my arms!!  
Lily loves to be held and rocked to sleep and yet she is upset about being sweaty and hot, so we are having lots of baths and playing in the water table.

Too bad that we couldn't have had this weather on
 the weekend.  The first show of the summer for me and we spend all day Saturday in the rain!!  I was so worried about how things were going to be with Lily and the show and she was amazing sleeping most of the time both days.  While we were cold and wet she was very warm and dry in the sling.  
Show wise it was total bust!  It is difficult to come back from
 a total day of rain.  Then Sunday was Father's Day and so there lots of people at the park but not a lot of buyers. I am hoping that all those that took my card will call and take lessons or come to the Open House to shop. 
I had a new display this year and I am now thinking of ways to make changes.  I have to be able to be under the tent with Lily to keep her out of the sun.  Last year we did not have this and so there was much for display.  At the same time I felt like I had a lot of "filler" and not only my best work.  This year it all the latest and greatest, but more expensive and so maybe not as many sales.  Pottery is such a difficult to price and sell as it is functional to a point and so you have to price it that way.  Also, so many they don't understand or appreciate it as they think that they can buy a whole set at Walmart for the price of some of my pieces.  

We are off to Kingston next weekend for Fanfayr and I am hoping for a better show.  However, we are also staying with my Dad and Sam and he are going camping so we are excited for the time regardless. 


No comments: