Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moments for Everyone

We have been spending this week relaxing and recovering from our weekend at Kempenfest.  It was a great weekend and we enjoyed almost every minute of it.  The high winds made for a shaky tent that of course makes me nervous but this is only because of last years tent blowing over.  With cinder blocks and long pegs, the boys assured me that even Dorothy and her Tornado wouldn't move this tent!!  
This weekend was my second time at Kempenfest and it was really great to be there a second year in a row and have people coming back and looking for you.  It gives you this sense of pride that someone bought my piece last year and has loved and cherished it so much they are looking for more.  A reminder that I am doing what I was meant to do.  The energy that I get from people is amazing and I am looking forward to give that energy into my work as I prepare for the next show.  

The weekend was also amazing for my two boys at home.  They where able to spend some much needed time together.  They have been having a difficult time together as of late as they try to figure out the relationship between the two of them.  They have similar personalities and there for have been clashing.  Some would think that there shouldn't be any clashing as one is the parent and the other the child.  What else is there to workout?  We strongly feel that there is much to be figured out.  Sam is a person and therefore has a say in who he is and the things that he does.  Why should I treat him as though he is less than me and that I am the boss.  He probably knows more than I think that I do and lives in each and every moment.  He should be really teaching me rather than the other way around.  After a day playing and being together Sam pulled on Paul's arm bringing him down to his level and said to him that it was a great day playing outside and that he loved him.   Paul teared up and said he loved him too.  While I was not here to witness this special moment between them, the way Paul told it to me that night, I knew it was a moment that the two of them will hold dear.  

On a crafty note; here is one finished sock of the Jaywalker pattern.  What an easy and amazing pattern.  The yarn I used was the Misti Alpaca Hand Painted Sock yarn and it is amazing!!


No comments: