Thursday, August 27, 2009

Running

I just got back from my fourth run. Yes I have decided after MUCH talking and not a lot of actual running that I would get back into it. It was a long process to get here as I had to wrap my mind around doing it again. One aspect was that I had just had Lily and so I am only 5 months post labour and pregnancy and wasn't too sure about getting out there and exercising again. Two I hadn't done it since University which was quite some time ago, and at the time I was running to run away from something while now I don't. This one was hard for me to understand and overcome. At the time I was doing the Learn to Run program through the Running Room and was in University and looking for a reason to leave the house the the person that I was with and the person that I was. So I learned to run in this mindset. So I was unsure how I was going to run again in a different space.

A good friend of mine started running and she also has just had a little babe, so I thought I would join her as I too had been thinking about it for some time. There have been many mornings in which I would wake up and think I should get out of bed and go for a run, but instead I would snuggle in with the babe and Paul and enjoy the warmth. Other times I would think about going out for a run but make granola and cookies instead.
I knew that I just had to get that first one in and then I would be in the movement to start again. While away this past weekend I did it and went the first time and I am hooked again. I am loving the way in which I feel and I am enjoying that I am loving my body again as well.

I want to make sure that I am healthy to set an example for my little girl. I want her to know that being healthy and feeling good is more important the the number on the scale and the size on your pants. Reading Erin's post a while back made me realize that I am not the only one thinking this way and it brings me comfort to know that if we all start thinking this way that there may be hope out there for our little girls.

No comments: