Thursday, November 26, 2009

New LIfe Energy

This past weekend there was a birth in our extended family.  This event has proven to effect me is a way I was not too sure I would have expected.  I was on my way home when this beautiful soul came into our lives and Paul called to tell me on the way.  My first thought was a sense of excitement and longing for that feeling of post birth.  Having just had Liliana those feelings are fresh in my mind.  Tell gave me the information that he had and knowing Midwives and births I knew that since she was getting the 3 hour discharge that she had a great birth and that she and baby must have been doing great.  Knowing this I felt so connected and calmed. 
When I got home I told Paul that I knew that Samuel and Lilian would not be our only children, that I still wanted more. He too felt the same way, that hearing of the birth reminded him of wanting to have this experience again. 
I then came to the realization that I wanted to be a part of birth and energy that it brings to life and so after some talking and inner reflection I have decided to look into the Doula training.  I want to have a role in birthing and I want to continue my career are a pottery and mother and my continued longing to be connected to the earth. 
Each and everyday I am amazed at how the birth of your children can change and open you up to the endless possibilities in your life.   When I opened myself up to the earth for the birth of my children I opened up a whole new chapter in my life.

No comments: