Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Snow

Today marked the first snow fall of the year.  There was much excitement as we awoke to a landscape covered in a blanket of white.  We have yet to venture out as it seems to be a wet and windy snow and Lily I was afraid would be too cold, and we have not gotten our winter boots yet (Christmas at Grampa and Gigi's next weekend)

We have therefore been inside keeping warm and watching the  snowplows go by.  I stop and think that this will be the next several months for me.  Inside all day and I am a little scared at this thought.

Three has proven to be a challenge for us.  While there is much understand as to what Sam is going through with transitions, growth and a new little sister this understanding is difficult to find when he is yelling and hitting me after I have asked him to do a simple thing such as tidy up the toys.  I find myself having to walk away a lot and sit in the bathroom count to 10 and re-emerge hoping to be able to deal with the situation.  Lily all the while watches and wonders.  I sometimes think is this something that I am creating?  Or is this just three?  When will this pass and will I make it?  When all else fails I throw in Toy Story or Cars and there is calmness again.   I have these really great plans to make stuff with them and be interactive and yet he would be much happier watching TV.  How am I ever going to break the cycle?

With Lily napping again, I am going to try and talk some outside snow play.

No comments: