Thursday, February 25, 2010

From Where I Sit


This is the view from which I sit a good portion of my day.  I have an office in the basement, but it is really a storage room as I never use it.  It is dark and cold and I can't be with the kids in there.  So I take over the kitchen table.  I can feed kids, myself, paint, color, watch Sam play hockey in the kitchen while Lily plays with the wooden house.  The kitchen really is the central location of our home.  Everything can be done in here and everything we need is right here.

I have been avoiding the basement and the studio as of late.  I am not motivated to be there and do what is needed of me.  Orders, students, art and obligation await me down there.   I have lost my passion for it and have been thinking of a million of other things the 'need' to be done.   I am trying to understand and accept being in a place of my art now being a job.  I used to sit in my student a cry thinking how great it was to be doing something I love.  Now I sit and cry and think why do I have to be here.  I know that deep down it is what I want to be doing, but I just don't have it right now.
Maybe it is just the winter blah and everything will be fine once the sun comes out more and I get filled up with more Vitamin D.   Makes it difficult to plan for the summer, with shows and courses, if right now I just want to hide under a rock and create nothing.

No comments: