Monday, March 15, 2010

Day Light


Day Light Savings Time marks a major change in the seasons.  The days are longer and brighter and we are able to consider for even a moment that summer will be here soon and the snow will not.

This time of year also marks a lifting of my spirit as the long days of darkness in the winter months has also been difficult for me.  I need the warmth of the sun and being outdoors to calm my spirit.  For the children to be able to run and play outside rather than in the small house.  Sam needs to be able to have a large yard to be able to play soccer and hockey rather than our kitchen.  The TV turned off and put into hibernation as we spend more hours enjoying nature and the world around us.

I know that there is some good in the hibernation of Winter.  We need the time to slow down, go inwards and do the inner work that needs to be done during this time.  Who can keep up with the pace of summer all year long?  This Mama can not.  But by the 4th or 5th month of Winter I have done about all the inner work that I can and I am even starting to over think many things.   I need to stop thinking and starting enjoying.  The playfulness of Summer and the renewal of Spring are the things that are most needed now.

As each day passes and there is more rain and more melting I start to know, feel and smell the change coming.

No comments: