Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Perfect Little Summer/Everything Dress

I have been obsesses with this dress pattern since it arrived in the mail two weeks ago.  I have been making them out of everything that I can find.

I originally saw the dress here and thought to myself that it looked like an easy enough piece and that with the pattern I could make my own.  I searched on the internet and couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere.  Then out of the blue one day when reading this post of Amanda's I realize she has made the dress I have been looking for!  She links to a website and sells the patterns and it is a very exciting day!!

The dress is every bit amazing and easy as I thought that it was going to be.  Only two pieces sewn together right sides together, turned right side out and then top stitched all around.  THAT'S IT!!  I used snaps instead of the called for buttons.  Two reasons; snaps help keep in on my active little girl and I can't figure out how to make buttons holes on my sewing machine.

I am so in love with this pattern that I am making one for every little girl I know.  I think the dress count is now up to about 10 in the last week.  Yes, yes, I am get a little obsessed when I love something, but a little sun dress for everyone is something great to be happy about.

1 comment:

Lindsey Alyce said...

I am dreadful at sewing (a complete novice) and I don't have a daughter, but I LOVE this dress. I will have to make it for my niece when she grows a bit.