Monday, June 14, 2010

Time

This past weekend was one of relaxation and time.  Time for a Mama to be by herself and put energy back into the emotional bank after a few weeks of caring for sick ones.  Time for little babes to play with a Dad who works during the week.  Time for indoor play as it rained all weekend.  Time for a visit from Grandpa (Poca) and Gigi.  Time for watching the kids embrace and love them.  Time for every moment that came our way.

It was interesting to watch the kids with my Dad and Stepmom during their visit.  Sam loves Gigi, she is animated, playful and energetic.  She fills the room with her energy and Sam loves this.  She runs and plays and listens to every word he says.  He yells with delight that Gigi is here and will not leave her side.

Lily is a kindred soul so too is my Dad.  She is shy at first and eases her way into the room and is drawn to my Dad.  He sits quietly and talks to her and waits for her to come to him.  She is comforted by his calmness and once outside he pushes her in the swing until she wants down, I am sure he would have stood there all day if she had asked.  They smile at one another as if they share a secret no one else in the room knows about. It is as though they are perfectly pair with each of the kids.  Giving each of them what they want, need, and feel comfortable with.

   I see my daughter and I see myself.   Maybe that is all part of being a Daddy's Girl. 

No comments: