Friday, July 9, 2010

Our First Big Step

Yesterday was Lily's first day at Day Care.
It was a big moment for me and carried so many different things.  I was nervous for her, I was scared for me.  I was excited for her and the new things that this will bring and I was overjoyed to be able to work in the studio the day without any interruptions.  I was able to be in my space and think, create and enjoy without worrying about what was going on upstairs, or rushing to get back as nap time was almost over.

In short for me it was LIBERATING!

At the very same time is was difficult for me.  She is getting so big it seems and blossoming into this amazing little girl.  My little Kindred Spirit she is.  She and I have been together for the last 16 months on earth and a previous special 9 months.  She is now taking a step towards becoming a little soul on her own.

While I welcome this step they take, I at the same time, want to hold on to them.  But I know I have to let go.  Yesterday was the first of many little steps.    

No comments: