Monday, July 5, 2010

Understanding


I am in a place now that I am starting to get a little tired of the world that we live in.  I sometimes want to pack the kids up and find a remote place in the forest to raise them so that they are not exposed to the world that we live in.  

This morning we awoke to find that our cars had been broken into again in our driveway.  This is not the first time but rather the 4th or 5th time.  This type of thing is very upsetting to me.  I find it difficult to continue a sense of safety and control in my own home when I have to be double check and locking things.  

I also have to explain these types of things to the kids and I am not too sure how.  How to tell my 3 year old, that sometimes people take things that are not theirs, that sometimes people don't respect other people and their things, and that sometimes  people in difficult situations don't always make the best choices.    Regardless of how I tell them, they will not understand as they live in a work where nothing bad happens, everyone loves one another, and they are always safe and why should that have to change?  

No comments: