Sunday, August 29, 2010

Letting Go


A week ago I had an experience that I has been on my mind since.  I have wanted to write about it but didn't really have the words.  Have you had that happen?  I know what it feels like but I can't put it into words.
Last Sunday was Yoga in the Park and was a fundraiser for Walk it Off.  I really wanted and needed to attend.  I wanted to show my support for this organization but also because my sister-in-law is involved and she is forever support me and my artistic dreams.
Sunday was rainy but I got myself together out I went.  I was  not too keen on doing Yoga in the rain in the middle of the park.  Was I ever wrong.   It was one of the most amazing experiences I have had in a long time.  I giggled as I slipped on my mat, sat in puddles on my mat, and tried to wipe the rain drops rolling down my face.
During the final relaxation after being up early and trying to not fall during the practice I laid back and relaxed.  I felt the earth beneath my body, I cleared my mind and the mist on my face created a feeling that I am not too sure I will ever be able to put into words.  Laying there listening to nothing but my breathing I started to hear the most beautiful voice.  Amanda was singing the chorus of 3 Little Birds and as she sang "Everything is going to be alright" I let go and the tears rolled down my face.
Yoga does this to me.  It makes me struggle, enjoy, open and most times cry.  

No comments: