Sunday, September 12, 2010

Find Our Place

This weekend was a pretty big weekend for our little studio.  It was the first time that we have taken the yarn bowls and my knitting accessories line to a knitting event.  There was a lot of preparation leading up to this event and lots of time worrying about what would happen.  I know that the yarn bowls are something unique to the area (I am one if not the only person that is making them locally, but by no means the only one out there making them)  but I had not sold them on a large scale before.  After much anxiety (not much sleep or eating Friday night)  we had an amazing show.  The bowls went flying off the shelves and there was even some people 'fighting' for the very few mugs that I had!  It was a huge weight lifted to know that in the right crowd of fiber lovers that we can do well.  Finding my market has now allowed me to focus the studio I hope, I always felt like I was floating around, flutter from this to that.  We are off to the Woodstock Fleece Festival October 23 and are hoping for another great show!
Getting there and unloading
Starting to get things organized.  Anne smiling and ready to sell some yarn bowls
Our little Mascot.  He and his partner got a lot of attention!
The positive energy that we got from everyone was soul lifting and I am still floating around I think. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear about how great the show went. It looks like you had a lot of fun!
Love Adriene