Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Rainy Market Day


This was the day we had today at the Aurora Farmer's Market.  It was very cold, rainy and super windy.
It was one of those days when I woke up thinking how I wish I had a 'regular' job like most other people and did not have to get up at 6am to set-up and sit in the rain in hopes of selling a few pieces pottery.
But I do it because I have passion for what I do (I must admit very little in the rain) and there is no other job on earth I would want right now ( except maybe winning the lottery and making art and pottery without having to sell it and just focusing on the kids and being their Mama. )

Once there with Paul and Lily in tow we get everything set-up and realize two things.  1)We are not alone in this, there is a huge community of people here doing the same thing with the same passion.  This helps, and I mean A LOT!  2) It is far too cold for Lily to be here all day and we call my brother to the rescue.
I spent a good portion of the market holding down the tent as the gusts of winds threaten to take us to the land of OZ.  I see a few friendly faces which lift my spirits and make a few sales.  All in all is was a Market Day.  You never know what kind of weather you are going to get, the sales you'll make, and the people you will connect with.   That is the all in the fun and enjoyment of Market Day.

No comments: