Thursday, October 21, 2010

Autumn Wonder

Here in Ontario this time of year turns into Mother Nature's Palette of beautiful warm colours.  The changing of the leaves is something I have always found to be so amazing and inspiring.   Even though the days are getting shorter and darkness keeps finding us sooner and sooner, the brightness of the trees seems to even it all out.  
Each morning I awake in my bed to see the trees have changed just a little more from the day before.  The pile of leaves at the door has grown a little bigger and yet again there has been rain over night.  I crawl out of the warmth of my bed, slip on my newly made slippers, wrap myself in snuggly robe and head to the kitchen to see what sort of wonder awaits me there (the kids have been up for about an hour on their own).
The change that Autumn brings is greatly welcomed after the heat and non-structure of the summer.  We all seem to fall right back into the rhythm that works so well for us.  Sam back to school, Paul back to regular working hours, Mama cooking and teaching, and Lily along for the ride enjoying the comfort of what comes next.  
There is warm food cooking, knitting for warm heads, snuggling at night under warm blankets, and the beauty of nature.  Just a few of the many reasons I love Autumn so much.  

No comments: