Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Cocoon of Pregnancy

We have all experienced it.  Whether it is while you are pregnant or watching a friend during her pregnancy.  We just seem to quiet down and draw inward.   I have been spending my days inside, cozied up on my bed either knitting, reading, typing, surfing or eating.  I don't often get dressed and the kids play while I cocoon.  I haven't seen friends in a while and not because I have been avoiding them but it just hasn't seemed to work out; busy schedules and me without a car to get around in the mounds of snow.

I am in a slow moving quiet place.  I spend time thinking about the little soul growing inside of me.  Who will he be, how will be change all of us, will he be the same baby as Sam and Lily or will he is calm and quiet. (both Sam and Lily cried a lot the first few months)

There are times in which I feel bad that I am still in my pj's at 4:00pm while making dinner, or that I think there is a bum imprint on my side of the bed.  Are the kids getting enough of my attention or are they ok playing with themselves.  Should I be getting more done and why does everyday feel like Mondays around here.   I am sure this is all just me feeling like I have to keep going as I was before even though I am pregnant, but the reality is I can't.   So shouldn't I let these thoughts go.  Everyone is fine.  The kids are happy and everyone is fed.   Soon the cocoon of pregnancy will be over and I will be thrown into the care of a newborn.  What else is there for me to do but enjoy the cocoon for now.

No comments: