Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Equinox

To celebrate the the first day of Spring today we decided to take a walk in the forest.  What a better way to celebrate the change of the season than to be a part of nature if even for a brief moment.  

 When we got there we noticed that they are doing some thinning of the forest.  My Mom was very concerned about them cut down healthy trees.  I was a little excited to be able to put to work that Geography Degree I obtained and explain to Paul, Mom and the kids the reasons for what they are doing.  ( I will save you all the geography lesson and just say it is to maintain a healthy forest)

 The great big pile of logs did make for some great climbing as well as photos. 



What did you do today to celebrate and welcome Spring? I know that here we are very excited to welcome Spring and all the renewal and rebirth that it brings. 

No comments: