Saturday, June 13, 2009

It Begins with Colour

Over on the most amazing site Apples for Poppyanne, Erin has created a challenge each week for us all to notice the colours around and among us. She put this out there several weeks ago and I had been almost afraid to submit something or to participate. My inner critic took over and I was concerned about what kind of picture to take, would it be "creative" enough (after all I am a self proclaimed artist), and what would others think.


This week's topic was Contrast and I thought that this would be difficult as it was not just looking for a colour in everyday life. However, I began to see contrast everywhere. It was like when you buy a new car and all of a sudden you start to notice that type of car everywhere. I was seeing contrast in colors, people, buildings and even in myself. Yet I was unsure what I was going to photograph after all Paul is the photographer!


Out on our weekly hike in the woods I for the first time all the trees and knew in an instant that this was to me contrast. Such tall trees with narrow truncks and they stand up to all weather. So here it goes my picture of Contrast...................



2 comments:

Crunchy Cursive said...

insightful! lovely!

apples for poppy anne said...

Glad you took the plunge!
Great job!
:)