Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dreams

Sam went with Gramma for the weekend to the cottage and thus we had a weekend to ourselves (well Lily was here, she doesn't go far from Momma)  It was so strange to have him without us.  A sense of enjoying it yet missing him and feeling guilty about enjoying the time away.   It was quieter and mess chaos, which I enjoyed.  We puttered around the house getting lots of small jobs done as we could trade off, one watching Lily while the other worked and back and forth.  Usually we each have a child and therefore no one is getting any work done.  The dust I cleaned in the house this weekend was crazy!!  

Having quiet time also meant that I was able to create in a different space and allowed for new creations in the works.  I am having a calling to felt for some reason and therefore having been crawling all over the Purl Bee blog.  I have a list now of projects to get done.  I am excited about getting to work  on these new things.  

I am not feeling all the motivated about potting as of late.  I am assuming that it is all part of show season.  Being out there selling and sometimes not getting much in return makes it difficult to be inspired to create new things when the stuff you have may or may not be selling.  I also don't want to make too much stuff in fear that I won't sell it and then I will have over stock that I will feel like I have to either sell or throw away before having the space to create new.  What a silly thought.  I should be stocking up for when I make it big and I can't make enough pottery to meet the demand.  Ah.... the dreams I have.  

No comments: