Sunday, July 26, 2009

It Begins with Color: Happiness


Erin's theme this week was to capture happiness.  It was something that made be ponder and think about how to capture such a thing in a photo.  For me it is a feeling and so how do I show a feeling or emotion.   I thought that it was going to stump me and I would have nothing to show.  But of course everything is presented if you are open to seeing it there.  On our rainy drive out to Nana and Papa's for dinner Lily fell asleep in the van and so when we got there everyone rushed inside to get out of the rain and to see Nana and Papa who just got back from a trip to the Yukon.  I feeling like Lily had not gotten enough sleep that day decided to stay in the car with her while she continued to sleep.  Ah..... what a peaceful and enjoyable hour that was.  It was silent and golden.  I knitted and read the latest issue of Mothering enjoying my time to myself without crying babies and yelling toddlers.  It was at the moment that I thought, this is happiness.  A moment to myself admits the chaos and craziness of the day.  


No comments: