Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Puppy

It is a rainy Wednesday morning and we are babysitting our 'team' puppy.  If you have not heard yes my Mom got a puppy that we are sharing as a family puppy.  This means that we are the official dog sitters when she is away and on long meeting days.  
In case anyone is considering getting a puppy with an infant I strongly urge you to rethink this thought.  Today will be our second time watching the dog (who's nam
e is Sydney) by myself while everyone else is at work.  I am hoping that it goes better than the first.  Sam LOVES the puppy and therefore is constantly chasing her around the house and trying to pick her up, the dog of course runs and then runs into things along with barking in what I am not too sure is excitement or fear!  The dog gets upset I ask Sam to stop chasing her and then he gets upset and he cries.  
The dog LOVES Lily which means that I have to keep an eye out to make sure that the dog is not jumping onto Lily and when I put her in the seat the dog jumps on up.  
Then of course there is the training.  Taking her outside f
requently and stopping her from chewing.  Every time I take her outside (in this rain) she runs right back to the door as she doesn't like getting wet.  I just get Lily back to sleep and the dog is looking for a spot in the house to pee.  I either wake Lily getting up to take the dog out or wake her up yelling at the dog not to pee!!

I usually can't wait for Paul to get home! 
But hey she is so darn cute I say yes  every time Mom asks me to watch her.

No comments: