Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend Moments of Thanks


This weekend was Thanksgiving Weekend here in Canada, which means a long weekend as Monday is a holiday.  This weekend was also a family wedding in which Sam was the ring bearer.  It was an amazing day of joy, happiness and giving thanks.   To see my little guy all dressed up and walking so proudly down the aisle was a moment that I will remember always.  Of course I cried and thought to myself he is no longer a little baby.  He is growing up to be this wonderful little guy.  He was super the rest of the evening and when is came time for Uncle Jon to pick him up he was excited to show him his suspenders and then said let's go home.  To see him being able to know what he needs and ask for it allowed me to see that I am raising children that listen to and understand their bodies and their feelings.  I am on the right track it seems.

We all got dressed up and it felt so great.  With two little ones and a pottery business there are not many times in which I get to get all dolled up and go out.  It made me feel great to look pretty and special.  There wasn't much dancing going on as we had Lily with us at the reception but being out of the house and talking with other adults was a amazing.

Looking at the photos reminds me that I have two children.  We are a little family.  Sometimes it takes pictures to allow us to see what we have.  To make it real almost, as if living it everyday is not real enough!  To see how much these two little miracles have touched and changed out lives and how I wouldn't want my life any other way.

No comments: