Sunday, January 31, 2010

Big Decisions


"To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard of life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, live, and love."
-- Leo Buscaglia


We have made some really big decisions around here these days.  There was lots of thought before making them and much time sitting in silence and waiting to see what is brought to the surface.  
I have decided to apply to be a part of the One of a Kind Show and Sale.  It is one of the largest shows here in Canada the quality of art is Amazing!  I am taking the leap and risking failure and Success all at the same time.  I am going to apply for the Rising Star section which doesn't require a full booth but rather a small single display.  I am going to stick to one theme of items and that is the Yarn Bowls, Mugs to match as well as a few other knitting accessories such as stitch holders and buttons.  Maybe even a knitting theme christmas ornament.   I am very excited and scared all at the same time.  There are some that are fully supportive and others that are sceptic, as this is a big adventure and will take up much of the remainder of the year.  But I am up for the journey and the growth along the way.  

I have also decided to run a 10 km race in May as well as the 1/2 Marathon in September.  Training starts tomorrow and I imagine the rest of the year will be spent running and potting.  What a else could be better?  

This journey will change me, my body, my art as well as the world around me, while in breath this scares me in the other I am filled with anticipation. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it all Jamie! Don't let anyone hold you back! The yarn bowls and mugs will be a huge success.
Since you're training for marathon, i guess no more sugar at class now huh?

Jamie Cafissi said...

Sugar is a good fuel :)