Monday, February 1, 2010

Small Change Update

This past month we decided to try and use the car less when picking Sam up from Day Care.  We did pretty well considering we have had some cold days here.  On the really cold days we had Paul pick him up on his way home from work so as to not have another trip out in the car.  We have also been walking to the grocery store a few times with the wagon to bring the haul.

In the studio I wanted to get a recycling box for all the tea cups.  Instead of took the water cooler out of the kitchen and put it in the studio as well as a few cups so that students are able to make their own tea and cold drinks.  Even though it is bottled water, there is no longer any paper cups and I am hoping to refill the bottle from the tap.

Moving forward into February we have decided to use Family Cloths in the upstairs bathroom.  I made them a few weeks ago and have been slowly using them.  I rather enjoy them seeing as I use toilet paper EVERY time I go to the bathroom.  Paul does not understand this concept and so was not really all the keen on the idea.  I figured even it the kids and I use them will cut the toilet paper use A LOT!

I just took a bunch of Lily's old receiving blankets and cut them into 6" squares and zigzag stitched around the outside.  Then we already have the cloth diaper pail in the bathroom and so we have just been putting the cloths in there with the diapers and washing everything all together.

I am also going to look into getting some Mama Pads as well for when Lily is done nursing and my rhythm gets back into the swing of things.  I have made a few prototypes with the pattern from Handmade Home.  Going to keep trying making a few more.

1 comment:

Hip Mountain Mama said...

Yay for the family cloth! I am surprised that more people aren't giving this a try. The kids and I love it...so much softer!
Good job Mama!
Suzy