Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Food Changes

Post have been few and far between as of late and for this is an sorry.  There has been some change here these past few weeks that has required a lot of energy that at this time of year is hard to come by.
I have started a Candida Cleanse as a way to clearing by body and hopefully relieving me of some of the issues I have been having as of late.  This cleanse has left me tired and feeling like hibernating while it all taking place.  Because I am still nursing Lily I am not able to do a traditional cleanse and so I have had to change my diet DRASTICALLY!
My husband is Italian and so the staples of his diet are pasta, meat and bread! To starve out the Candida I am eating No dairy, sugar, fruit or gluten.  Last week was the main detox week and so it was pretty rough around here.  To make things a little more difficult Lily has been nursing more as she is getting a few new teeth.  There was times that at the end of the day I had not eaten enough and was weak and grumpy.  Not feeling well at all.
I just imagined my body healing and getting better and trying to honour the process.  This week is going much better.  I had to learn some new recipes, get a few resources and remember to eat a lot more often!  I was used to eating big carb filled meals and feeling full most of the day.  I have been thinking for sometime about making a food change but had yet to make the change.  So I am guessing my body helped me to make the decision.  As though it already knew what it needed.  Not so strange how our bodies know what is best.

No comments: