Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I stumbled upon The Simple Woman's Daybook  while reading the end of Erin's Blog.  Apples for Poppyanne will be greatly missed.  She inspired me in ways that can never be truly put into words.  It takes great courage to come out here everyday and write for all the world to see.  Sometimes what we write is great and other times is it not, but it the truth and simplicity of what it like to be a mother, artist and woman in our lives.  

FOR TODAY
February 11, 2010...

Outside my window the snow has stopped for the moment and the sun is shining.  Parents and students rush past to get to the little school at the end of the road.  Soon that will be us. How my heart aches. 

I am thinking about my art as a job and how this changes my perspective.  How to continue to make work for orders, shows and myself while love and hating it all at the same time. 

I am thankful for the amazing man in my life that allows me to be the artist, mother and wife that I want and need to be.  

From the kitchen we are learning to cook with out dairy, sugar, gluten and most meats.  A cleanse that it forcing us to make a change that has been in the works for a while.  

I am wearing the same pink Lululemon hoodie that I have been wearing since Christmas that my brother bought for me.  I wear it, wash it and put is back on.  

I am creating a knitting hat for Paul for V-Day, Lily's birthday dress, my Sylvi Coat and the never ending order of yarn bowls, mugs and soap dishes. 

I am going to watch the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics on Friday night with a never before felt sense of national pride.  

I am reading Knit Two by Kate Jacobs.  The follow up to the Friday Night Knitting Club

I am hoping that I am making all the right decisions from the heart.  

I am hearing the water trickle from the fish tank telling me to top it up.  The dryness of winter plays havoc on Elmo and Nemo, Sam's two gold fish. 

Around the house it looks like a tornado has hit, but I know that it looks like this because I have two amazing children in my life.  My house looks like Children live here and this is how I want it to look. 

One of my favorite things is the Chai Concentrate.  It has changed my tea experience!  

A few plans for the rest of the week: Enjoy the long weekend together, mail the orders staring at me in boxes ready to go!  

Here is picture for thought I am sharing (What do you think is going through that little mind, deep thought or simple songs?)

2 comments:

muffintopdesigns said...

jaime - i so love your blog - and this post! if you make your decisions from the heart... then they are the right ones!!!!!

and while "knit two" is not as good as "the friday night knitting club", it is still lovely.

cheers!
xoxoox

Jamie Cafissi said...

Thank you for the positive comments. Sometimes I wonder if I am just writing out into empty cyberspace.