Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dollar Store Treasures

One of the things that the kids and I enjoy doing it going to the local dollarama and wander the aisles.  There are so many little things that that kids love to get and it is only a dollar.  We get the small little shopping carts that are the perfect size for Sam and we fill them up with little treasures.  Everything there is the perfect size for them as everything is small.  The toys, the dishes, the seasonal decorations, and the craft aisle is my favorite.

As Sam continues to grow and change there are some things that he loves to do and others he doesn't.  The craft section at the Dollarama allows for us to try different things and if he doesn't like it then I am o.k as I didn't spend a fortune thinking that he would like it.  One of the treasures that we found on our last trip was the Paint with Water Books.  As a child I loved painting with these.  The watercolor paint is in the paper and once you add water with your brush the colour appears.  Sam seems to like them as well as they are not messy and do not require cleaning of the brush.

My Painting.  I took great care, the calmness that I felt was amazing.  
No need to think about what I wanted to paint.   

Another thing I wanted to share was one of the hazards of knitting in the sun.  Yesterday I spent the day outside knitting and chatting with friends while the kids played.  I didn't realize how much sun I got until we came in and I took my sweater off.
I swear it is much more red than it appears!!  

Caution to all those knitting in the sun.  It is important to put sun block on your hands as well! 
Happy Sun Knitting!!

No comments: