Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jumbled

There are times when I think about sitting down and writing.  There are times when I even sit down at my computer and look at everything else except writing.  There are also those times when I think that everyone is playing quietly and I can have a few peaceful moments to write and then out of no where everyone appears asking for a snack, juice, help and attention and the writing gets left mid way.

I spend most of my day thinking about all the things that I want to share.  The moments that I experience and the things that I am processing and thinking about.  I most of the time get overwhelmed with all the things that I want to share and feel that it is never one single idea of thought and just throw in the towel and write nothing.

In effort to try and give myself some slack and be me I am writing about a jumble of things going on.  As most of the times everything is jumbled and I am trying to make sense of it all.

We opened our first jar of Dill Pickles that we canned last summer.  It was out first attempt at pickles so we all took bites with some hesitation.   The taste was amazing, they just didn't have the crispness that you expect from a dill pickle.  Lily ate about half of it before realizing that she may not like the taste.


I am loving getting into my spring/summer routine.  I have always found it difficult over the winter months and so my routine falls to the way side.  The warmer weather and sunshine is uplifting for me and I find myself to have more energy, patience and motivation.  So the beans are soaking, the mini muffins are made and organic coffee is programmed and waiting for me in the morning.


I have also been knitting my little hands away.  I find myself peaceful as I watch the kids at the park or in the backyard as I sit in the grass knitting.  I am able to knit without looking and so I am able to let my hands do what they know how to do as I watch the kids learn and discover the world around them.  The sun shines and feel like I am exactly where I want/need/meant to be.

Birthday dresses for Lily and our little friend Bethany.  Both girls turn 1 weeks apart

No comments: