Thursday, June 3, 2010

Simple Moments

This week has found me up to my eyeballs in oatmeal baths, calamine lotion, and remedies for chickenpox.  I am starting to get a moment to breathe and know that my little ones will be stronger as a result of all of this.  I try and look at the growth that will take place afterwards, I can already see the change in Sam.  Illness has a way to pushing us forward.  

These past few weeks have challenged me physically and emotionally, so I try and remind myself to look at the simple moments around me.   Here are some of the simple moments guiding me through:

Outside my window we are finally getting the rain that is greatly needed by all.  
I am thinking of all the product that I should be doing for orders, shows, and my creative self. 
I am thankful for the extra days that Sam was able to use at Pre-School this week so that I could focus on Lily and her healing. 
From the kitchen the endless possibilities await me, what shall I cook tonight?
I am wearing the new kerchief that I made this morning.  
I am creating a coat of love and support for my greatest friend before her little man arrives in a few days.  
I am going to BREATHE
I am reading every recipe in Apples for Jam
I am hoping to hear that a space has opened up for me at One of a Kind in Toronto. 
I am hearing the buses go by
Around the house the smell of fresh rain blows in the windows
One of my favorite things Green River Coffee.  
A few plans for the rest of the week: Help Lily heal, Get ready for the market, cook, clean and Knit, Knit, Knit!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing
(soon she will be smiling again)

No comments: