Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Longing

Today I am longing to those days when no one cried at my feet while I ate.  I could watch my favorite show without having to pause and be a referee.  I could start something and finish in a timely fashion. I could take a shower in the morning and not during an afternoon nap.  I could pee in private.  I could leave the house without having to look and see if there was food, snot, dirt, marker on my clothes.  I had the freedom to eat when I wanted and what I wanted without thinking about feeding someone else.
For the days of endless time in the studio, no laundry, staying up late just because, deciding at the last moment to take a trip and able to pack in seconds.  Of being someone who was not defined by the role they played in someone elses life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True honesty is so rare. I've been there too :)