Monday, September 27, 2010

10 in 10 an Art Experience

To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Georgina Art Gallery there is a art competition.  It is called 10 in 10 and those wanting to participate bought a 10 inch canvas and let loose with their creativity.  The pieces are then taken back to the gallery juried and then entered into the exhibition.  All of the artists at the Miles Road Location on the Georgina Studio Tour decided that we would participate and would complete our pieces this past weekend together.  
My first layer of Paint.  I started with some watercolor and then added acrylics for a more vibrant colour.
Two of the other artist Lori-Anne and Lisa are both painters and gave me tips on my technique.  It was interesting to see how little I know about actual painting and how much I like to just put paint to a surface and see what happens.  
In the end what came together was mix of many mediums and textures.  I am now not too sure I want to sell it.  So we are thinking of pricing it high and then if someone wants to buy it then I am sure I can live with that :)

No comments: