Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Working Hours

While there is something liberating about having your own business and making your own hours, there is also a part that ties you down as well.
Now I must now complain too much as I am sitting here in my Pj's still at 11:30 in the morning.  I have the kids with me and we are cooking Apple Butter and making Quinoa salad for lunch.  While I am trying to enjoy these moments there is a studio downstairs SCREAMING my name.
I think of all the work that I could get done is a had regular working hours.  I would be the productive artist that I dream of being.  Right now I feel like I am stealing an hour here and an hour there and there not much getting done.  I feel it pulling on me when I am not down there working as though I should be taking every spare moment and glazing one more piece.  How is this good for the time I spend with my children?  Are they feeling like I am somewhere else all the time?

I could work in the evening but truth be told that after a full day being a Mama, Wife, carer of the home, there is not much energy left to the an artist and I just want to snuggle  up on the couch watching my favourite show while knitting.

I am just trying to imagine and create the freedom of being able able to work as an artist and then walk away and then have the freedom to be a Mama.

Heres to creating working hours.

1 comment:

Rosie Grey said...

That is a wonderful painting! The colours are so vibrant!