Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tutu's for All

For a family birthday party this weekend I decided to make Tutu's as our gift to the three birthday girls.  With everyone turning a different age I was unsure what to make.  After some inspiration from a friend we headed to the local fabric store to grab some tulle and elastic.  I had done a wee bit of searching on the web before going and found some instructions that I thought would create a great result and in a short amount of time. (Yes, I left my creating to the last minute!)
I cut the tulle into 1.5 inch strips and then did a slip knot over the elastic that I had sewn into a circle.  
For the two girls I a double fold over creating a 'puffy' tutu while for the Mama I only did a single fold over, creating a less 'puffy' tutu and allowed for more length.  
As you can see the end result was happily embraced by all!  I can imagine there is lots of dancing going on in their home this week.

No comments: