Wednesday, January 19, 2011

#8 - Bake Bread from Scratch


I put this on my list thinking that it was going to be a huge production.  In reality it wasn't that difficult and there was some kind of rhythm to the whole process and therefore my day.
The longest part was the 20 minutes it took me to put all the ingredients together.  Then rise for two hours, punch down, rise for another hour, then bake for 25 minutes.
I used the recipe for Milk Bread from Apples for Jam.  It was somewhat light and fluffy (I have made more bricks in my bread maker!) I guess the true test was how fast it went warm out of the oven with butter and jam.  There is not much left!
I can see myself doing this much more often!  I am thinking a regular relaxing Monday task.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it sounds so nice! i've been tolerating the bricks not too badly, tonight i made jam for them. i like tossing the ingredients in the pan and walking away to do other stuff. maybe one day i can try this recipe.