Thursday, January 6, 2011

Handmade Pay it Forward

I will admit I am a Facebook junky, but in my defense there are many days when I just can't get organized enough with the kids to leave the house and Facebook helps keep me connected. I am sure the news could as well, but it wouldn't be the news of my community and the happenings and support.  So there I have admitted my addiction to Facebook and they say that is the first step to recovery.  Moving on.....


This lovely thing happened on Facebook today. A friend of mine posted this as her status:
Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment. They must in turn post this and send something they made to the first 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011. (What a great way to start 2011!!)


Of course as an artist I jumped on board.  I commented on her post and then posted to my status.   Within a few hours I had my five people to receive my handmade items.  It was so amazing to me to see the first five people that commented. A friend from the past, a friend from the present, a mentor, an amazing artist, and my soul sister.  Each of them will get something different and unique to them and how they touched and life.  


I am super excited for this and how it will mark my creativity this year!

1 comment:

L.J. Lowe said...

what a lovely idea! i think i will have to pass that along amongst my FB friends. :)