Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowed in on Groundhog Day

Last night Southern Ontario was hit with another winter storm.  We are under a blanket of 6 inches of snow, and everyone is home from work as the offices are closed.  This means lots of warm food, games played, and for this Mama knitting!  I am hoping to snuggle into me bed and knit the snow away.

With a small bit of motivation (the dog chewed the old ones) I decided to recover the couch pillows.  I have used this fabric on the doors of the kitchen cabinet as well as the resurfacing of the bench by the front door.  I now find that it ties all the rooms together in a small way.  After 3 years of living here I am starting to feel like we are finally getting it to a place that we want and feels like home.  
With January finally behind us I am starting to feel hopeful for Spring (I know thats hard when we are under another blanket of snow) January is just such a dark, dreary month. And this year I found it even more difficult, just felt like I was under a cloud of winter and pregnancy. While I am half way through my pregnancy there is still so much time left.  January is cold, everyone is tired and burnt out from the holidays, and there is this feeling that there is just so much Winter left here in Ontario.  I always find that once February starts that spring is here before I know it.  With a few less days in February, Mine and Lily's Birthdays in March,  March Break, and then before you know it April 1st is here.  
Sam this morning informed us that today was Groundhog Day and that if he saw his shadow there would be more winter.  It is not sunny here and so I am sure he didn't see his shadow I am also sure he was not able to get out either.  So who knows how much more Winter we are in for. 

No comments: