Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaching Night Easy Dinner

Today is Tuesday which means that I teach my pottery class tonight and there is little time for preparation, eating and cleaning of dinner.  This means I have to find a few special meals that meets these needs.  
I thought I would share with you one of my favourites; Chickpea Ratatouille from Vive Le Vegan! 

*Please excuse the picture, I am no food photographer. 

It is super easy to make and enjoy.  Everything is mixed right in the dish and then put into the oven to cook.  I have even mixed all the ingredients in the morning and covered in the fridge until it was time to cook.  While the recipe is from a vegan cookbook we have been known to throw sausage and other leftovers that we may have from previous nights.

Chickpea Ratatouille (modified for little people's taste buds)
3 cups of cooked chickpeas
1 - 2 cups of red onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup of green/red bell peppers, diced
2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of honey
2 tsp of basil
1 tsp of oregano
1/2 tsp of rosemary
1 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp of allspice
2 bay leaves.

Mix all the ingredients together, bake covered at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.
After 45 minutes add 1 cup of minute rice stir and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Take out cool for little ones and serve!

Enjoy!

No comments: