Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Handmade Dress for 2011

In the middle of what feels like the longest Winter ever I have gotten the creative bug for some reason.  Maybe it is the middle of the pregnancy hormones or maybe it makes me feel like I have accomplished something on the days when I in reality I haven't done much else.  What ever the reason there are many new things being created daily.  

A few weeks ago I ordered the Ruffled Kimono from ManiMina to be this years homemade dress.  Looked simple, easy to sew, and oh so super cute.  It lived up to everything. 
 I was able to cut out the pieces, and sew it together in a little less the 2 hours.  This in my books is fast and great for my instant gratification that I sometimes need when knitting projects are taking a little longer.  The part I liked best was that I didn't need large pieces of fabric. I was able to mix and match to get great colour combinations as well as use of some of the pretty fabrics I have but are not large enough for a full project on their own.
I was also excited to use the yellow fabric with the pink flowers as now Lily and I have matching outfits.  Do you remember the sewing treat for me last summer?  Always wanted mother daughter matching outfits.  I think there is a few more of these kimonos in the future.  

No comments: