Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Knitted Gnome

A friend in my circle of friends recently had her fourth babe and I wanted to knit up something cute and special for him.  When looking through my Ravelry favourites I came across this cute little gnome pattern that I had added many, many months ago.  I thought that it was the perfect thing.  
 I had some left over organic cotton from Rowan and thought it would be great as I wanted to make sure that the fiber was something that could loved and used as well as being safe for babe to put in his mouth. I stuffed him with some natural roving that I had left over from my attempt at learning to spin. (I will try again in the future, maybe take a class this time rather than reading in a book or watching youtube videos)
He turned out amazing and so super cute.  I am thinking of all the little people that could use or want a gnome family.  For sure my little guy is getting one of these made (maybe putting bells in the belly) and I am thinking that Lily must have a gnome family for the wooden play house.

No comments: