Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Space with a Door to Call my Own

With the closing of the studio and converting the once basement studio into a basement apartment for my brother I have had to move and create new space for myself in other parts of the house.  
In our room we had a huge walk-in closet that had up until now been used as unproductive storage (really just a place I could throw stuff without having to really deal with it).
One afternoon last week I had a huge brainwave and realized that if cleaned out and a few other things added that it was the perfect size and location for a craft space for me.  
After some cleaning, organizing, and sorting through the crafts supplies I wanted/needed/used this is what we ended up with.  It has a very bright light (even better than the one in my old space really) and the perfect amount of space.

I have an organized space for all my yarn and craft books. I am actually down to only yarn that I am using for current projects.  Yes, that means I have really no stash to speak of  meaning that with every new project I start I get new yarn!
I have a space for my sewing machine instead of the kitchen table and all my usable fabric stashed under the table.  I was also able to put up my vision board as well as the cork board for added space for inspiration to be stuck.  I have found myself in the last few days just sitting in there realizing that even though it used to be a closet that I have a small space (with a door) that I can call my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, you are so right we all need a little space to call our own. Love what you did with the closet.