Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hoping

It is now nap/quiet time at our house.  Today was one of those days in which I felt time this time was a) never going to come or b) couldn't come fast enough.
I am now sipping a hot coffee, thinking about it is that I want to eat, while I scan the endless pages of knitting patterns on Ravelry.
We had the glimpse of Spring on the weekend, it was taken from us, and as I look out the window I see that the called for snow has begun to fall.  The winds make the house creek and the gate that was not latched this morning bangs against the fence.  In March this weather makes me slow, sad, and sleepy.  I want to stay in bed, do nothing, and wake up when Spring comes.  This does not happen as I am lifted from sleep to the sounds of Lily saying 'Morning Mama, time to wake up' my glasses are waiting in her hands.   
I think we are all tired of Winter, restless and need to connect to nature again.  This makes for some difficult days here at our house.  Today all I can hope for it that the called for rain this afternoon will wash away all of the snow and I will see grass again soon.

No comments: