Friday, May 20, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away. Come Again Another Day

I was going to start writing by saying what a bad blogger I have been these past few weeks, but then I realized that this is not bad blogger this is just having not much else to talk about except the last 6 days of rain.  We have had a very wet and late spring which has made life a little more difficult around these parts.  
When I got pregnant last September everyone was excited telling me about how a late May/early June baby was going to be so great.  When the toughest part of the pregnancy came the weather would be nice, the kids could be outside and by the time the baby came it would be all beautiful weather, daily park trips and all day backyard playing.  Nothing of the sort has happened.  Mother Nature has other plans.  
So with only a few weeks (hopefully days) left in my pregnancy we have endured another week stuck inside with all day rain.  This makes for kids with lots of energy and no place to put it and a Mama that is  cranky.  I am living through Braxton Hicks, hip pain, and the impatience of wanting to meet this little guy.  I keep checking things off the list thinking that with one more thing done that he will come.  I am also thinking of things that would be mentally stopping me from allowing him to come and checking these things off the list as well.  
Today is Red Tent our local gathering of Women and I have decided that the rain is going to hold off long enough for us to meet at the park.  The kids can run and play while I gain the support and friendship of the other Mamas and Friends that are there. There has also been many that after attending Red Tent have gone into labour!  We think it is all the womenly support and energy.  Here's to hoping!

No comments: