Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting to know her

There is not much sleep going on here as of late.  Lily is getting a molar as well as having a cold and so she is not sleeping well, which means that Mama is not sleeping.
It is difficult to see my little one not well.  She has been pretty healthy this past year and so we really haven't had a chance to meet unwell Lily.  It is not the being sick part that makes me feel uneasy but more so not knowing her.
I know my little guy.  He was fevery and sick much of the first year because of his vaccine reaction and therefore I know when he is really ill or if he just needs some down time and so his body whips up a fever for him to slow down and rest.  I also have my bag of tricks that I know work well with him.  Lily on the other hand I am having to learn all over as she is unlike Sam.
So we watch and learn.  Making sure that things are changing and she is moving forward and not getting stuck in any stage.

On the bright side this means that we are staying in the next couple of days and so I can resume my spot on the couch to watch the Olympics!

No comments: