Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Simple Moments


Sometimes looking at the simple things in life are what help us to realize that maybe they are not simple.  It is the simple moments that together create your day.  If we take them and enjoy them what can we see?  What are we missing or even what are we not?  We always focus on what we are missing but what if we aren't missing anything? 

FOR TODAY
April 13, 2010...

Outside my window the sun is shining after a long week of rain.  There is something about the sun warming your face in the morning that just makes it easier to get up out of bed and face the day.

I am thinking about change.  Why am I always thinking about changing?  Can I not just accept and love myself as is.

I am thankful for the love and support that I received this past month while I took the time to heal. 

From the kitchen there is a little girl sweeping the floor.  She insists on using the big broom rather than the small one that we have for the children.  It is her new obsession and is constantly doing it.  I am grateful for the clean floor!

I am wearing my PJ's still.  My pottery t-shirt still on from teaching last night and the most comfortable pain of yoga pants.  

I am creating many knitting projects for others.  I am also going to finally make the beach blanket to go from Handmade Home.  I have gone so far as to cut the squares, now to sew them together.  I have been thinking about making this project since I purchased the book in the fall. 

I am going to try and accept the relationships that I have in my life for what they are. 

I am reading Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson.  It is quite good as I feel like I NEED to keep reading it even though I am not too sure why.  The plot isn't exciting and neither are the characters really, but I just can't seem to put it down. 

I am hoping for a beautiful weekend so that we can assemble the swing set/club house for the backyard and we can enjoy the spring weather. 

I am hearing the gurgle of the coffee maker.  Soon there will the be the beep letting me know that the coffee is finally ready. Oh how I love my organic coffee!

Around the house voices of spring cleaning are screaming at me!

One of my favorite things is sitting knitting and sipping a great coffee.   I always have this imagine in my mind that someday we will live on a lake and I will be sitting in the morning sun sipping coffee, knitting and enjoying the kids running and playing.  For now we live in the city.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  make good food, enjoy the sun, start working on some orders in the studio, configure the kiln, love deeply without fear. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:  Paul took this to show that daughter is like mother, mouth open catching flies while we sleep.  


Check out what other simple things people are noticing in their lives at The Simple Woman's Day Book

3 comments:

apples with honey said...

Love the photo especially that her feet are up on you...Poppy seems to always sleep in the same fashion :)
I appreciate how hard it can be to accept some relationships as they are...seeing people in a different light...
:)

Jamie Cafissi said...

She is always sleeping in the strangest positions. We wonder how she sleeps and if she is comfortable. :)

Relationships........ sometimes some people are never going to change and we have to accept that and figure out a way to be.

Jamie Cafissi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.