Monday, January 17, 2011

The First to Turn 30

This past weekend we celebrated the first of a few 30th birthdays this year. Being a January baby this meant that Paul was going to be the first. I am secretly hoping that by March when it is my turn to roll over to the big 3-0 I won't be still so scared.
I look back to when I first met Paul and the young 23 year old that sat around from me at the local pub (which has since closed) I realize so much has changed in the last 7 years.  How much he has grown and the amazing man that is becoming.
This weekend I was the one that was a little grumpy not Paul.  I told him I was being upset for him for turning 30, and he promptly replied that he felt great about turning 30.  He had a very blessed life, a wife, 2 amazing children with another one coming to great us in a few short months, a career that he was working hard at, and we are getting close to finally paying off all that debt that we accumulated in our early 20's.  Things he said are looking amazing.  I replied that but it seems like we haven't done anything yet and he said that he always thought of his 30's as the time when he was able to start doing things.  I thought about this and realized that we have been spending our 20's creating a foundation for our lives and now as we roll into our 30's we are in a place to live the life we have always imagined.  I guess turning 30 does make you a little more wise! (thank you honey)
We celebrated the day with a case of Pink Eye again and so no one was going any where, so a quiet day of Paul playing a new game on the Playstation, the kids jumping with excitement for the cupcakes we made and a movie and snuggles for Paul and I after the kids went to bed.  So all in all a normal family weekend, just a little extra Playstation time for Paul.  Like two full days, yes I think he has filled his time for the month in one weekend, but hey it was his birthday and on birthdays here you get to do whatever you want.  This Mama is going away for the whole weekend on her birthday.  Oh the plans I am making.

No comments: